· Promises Ends of Justice for victims of Gender-based Crimes
In a bid to consolidate on the gains made by the Nigeria Police Force, in stemming the tides of violence against women and girls in the country, the Inspector-General of Police, Ag. IGP Suleiman Abba CFR, NPM, NPOM, mni, has re-constituted the Force Gender Unit.
In this light, the IGP has appointed CSP Olabisi Kolawole as the Force Gender Adviser to head the newly re-constituted Unit.
The Force Gender Unit shall among other things:
1. Ensure the implementation of a robust capacity building plan for officers in gender related issues.
2. Ensure the inclusion of gender training in Nigeria Police curriculum at all levels.
3. See to the establishment of Gender Desk officers in Police Formations nationwide.
4. Enhance the already existing collaboration with other stakeholders in the area of gender equality.
Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER